Related policies and additional references:
Student registration at St. Mary’s University constitutes a contractual financial obligation to pay all tuition and fees charged for classes, including but not limited to representing a valid electronic signature to the payment terms.
- All financial obligations are due by the designated due dates listed for each semester. Full payment (by either accepted financial awards, third-party sponsor or personal resources) is required prior to the first payment deadline. Otherwise, by default, one accepts enrollment into the automatic installment plan for each term and is required to submit payments by the established dates.
- Returned payment(s) will be charged a $50 returned check fee for each occurrence. A returned payment that is paid for payment of a future term may result in the Business Office contacting the Registrar’s Office to cancel the enrollment of the future term if not cleared.
- A student enrolling in a course or enrolled by an advisor/department and who does not attend class are still held responsible to pay the required tuition and fees if failure to cancel or withdraw by the designated dates.
- A student is responsible for knowing the University’s cancellation and withdrawal policies including deadlines as stated in the Academic Calendar. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the cancellation or withdrawal processes. Failure to cancel or withdraw in a timely manner does NOT relieve a student from financial responsibility to the University for tuition and fees.
- A student failing to meet current term financial responsibility may result in the Business Office contacting the Registrar’s Office to cancel registration and may NOT relieve the student from financial responsibility to the University for tuition and fees including but not limited to services used.
- A student with future registrations failing to meet current term financial responsibility may result in the Business Office contacting the Registrar’s Office to cancel future registration.
- A student with an outstanding current or prior term balance may be placed on hold and will not be able to enroll in future semesters nor receive university records until the balance is paid in full.
Installment Due Dates
Fall: Sept. 1, Oct. 1, Nov. 1 and Dec. 1
Summer: June 1, July 1 and Aug. 1
Spring: Feb. 1, March 1, April 1 and May 1
Acceptable Forms of Payment
Electronic payments (Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) are accepted on Gateway 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Cash and/or check payments are accepted in the Business Office in St. Louis Hall, Room 024.