Student registration at St. Mary’s University constitutes a contractual financial obligation to pay all tuition and fees charged for classes, including but not limited to representing a valid electronic signature to the payment terms.
- All financial obligations are due by the designated due date for each semester. Full payment (by either accepted financial awards, third-party sponsor or personal resources) is required by designated due date or a selection of a payment plan. Otherwise, by default, one accepts enrollment into the automatic payment plan for each term and is required to submit payments by the established dates.
- Returned payment(s) will be charged a $50 returned check fee for each occurrence. A returned payment that is paid for payment of a future term may result in the Business Office contacting the Registrar’s Office to cancel the enrollment of the future term if not cleared.
- A student enrolling in a course or enrolled by an advisor/department and who does not attend class are still held responsible to pay the required tuition and fees if failure to cancel or withdraw by the designated dates.
- A student is responsible for knowing the University’s cancellation and withdrawal policies including deadlines as stated in the Academic Calendar. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the cancellation or withdrawal processes. Failure to cancel or withdraw in a timely manner does NOT relieve a student from financial responsibility to the University for tuition and fees.
- A student failing to meet current term financial responsibility may result in the Business Office contacting the Registrar’s Office to cancel registration and may NOT relieve the student from financial responsibility to the University for tuition and fees including but not limited to services used.
- A student with future registrations failing to meet current term financial responsibility may result in the Business Office contacting the Registrar’s Office to cancel future registration.
- A student with an outstanding current or prior term balance may be placed on hold and will not be able to enroll in future semesters nor receive university records until the balance is paid in full.
PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS: FALL Semester
Four-Month Payment Plans*
A5 Due Dates: Sept. 5, Oct. 5, Nov. 5, Dec. 5 A15 Due Dates: Sept. 15, Oct. 15, Nov. 15, Dec. 15
Five-Month Payment Plans*
B5 Due Dates: Aug. 5, Sept. 5, Oct. 5, Nov. 5, Dec. 5 B15 Due Dates: Aug. 15, Sept. 15, Oct. 15, Nov. 15, Dec. 15
*A $35 enrollment fee will be applied to all payment plans.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
Online payments can be made 24/7 via GATEWAY. All major credit cards and ACH are accepted. While we encourage you to make payments online, cash or check payments are accepted in person in the Business Office in St. Louis Hall, Room 024.