Academic Council

Authorizes Release:

Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Responsible Area:

Academic Affairs

Review Cycle:

Annually or as required

Last Review:

July 2023

Related Policies and Additional References:


All non-law graduate students must be enrolled in course(s) during the semester(s) needed to complete the General Examination, a course for which an incomplete was previously assigned, or other work in progress for which they aren’t otherwise registered. Any student working on a graduate degree must register each and every semester in which the work to complete their degree is pending by registering for a non-credit course entitled Maintaining Matriculation/Continuous Graduate Enrollment until degree requirements are completed. This course will be billed at one-half (1/2) of one credit hour and all applicable fees at the part-time rate for each semester a student is registered. A student who needs to interrupt their program of study for non-academic reasons should refer to the Leave of Absence policy. PhD students in the process of completing their dissertation should refer to the Dissertation Policy. The student maintains matriculation by registering for a course numbered 6000GX Continuous Graduate Enrollment. The respective department’s prefix would be added: e.g., PA6000GX.

Back to top