The primary purpose of the Service Scholarship is to help provide a quality Catholic school education in the Holy Cross tradition to those who serve the Church by working at the Pastoral Center, Our Lady of the Lake University, St. Mary’s University or any Catholic school in the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
The scholarship is available to families as space is available at Holy Cross of San Antonio.
- The Service Scholarship will cover 25% of the total tuition cost at Holy Cross of San Antonio.
- All costs other than academic tuiton (e.g. fees, athletics, and meals) will be considered the financial responsibility of the family and are not covered under the Service Scholarship.
- Any student utilizing the Service Scholarship benefit must maintain an overall GPA of 2.0 or greater. Any student not maintaining a 2.0 GPA over two consecutive semesters of enrollment forfeits all future rights to the Service Scholarship benefit.
- The Service Scholarship Application must be completed and submitted to the Office of Admissions at the beginning of each school year before tuition remission will be granted. Failure to complete and submit the application in a timely manner will result in denial of the Service Scholarship request.
Any parent or guardian who is employed full-time at the Pastoral Center, Our Lady of the Lake University, St. Mary’s University or any Catholic school in the Archdiocese of San Antonio as faculty, administrator, or staff member may receive the Service Scholarship for their children.
- All eligible students must meet the admission requirements of Holy Cross of San Antonio in order to utilize the Service Scholarship.
- Eligibility must be verified before the first day of school.
- Employees (parents/guardians) hired on a regular, full-time basis or converting to a full-time basis after the first day of the semester must wait until the following semester to utilize this benefit.
- Retirement or loss of job for any reason must immediately be reported to Holy Cross of San Antonio. At the end of the semester, the family will forfeit all future rights to the Service Scholarship benefit.
- Families may receive the Service Scholarship benefit for multiple children provided there is space available at Holy Cross.
Required Financial Assistance Procedures
- All families utilizing the Service Scholarship benefit must complete all other applications for tuition assistance first (e.g. Hope for the Future, In-house Tuition Assistance).
- The Service Scholarship benefit in combination with any other grants and/or scholarships may never exceed the direct cost of attendance.