Athletics: Financial Aid Cancellations
Chief of Staff for the President
Annually or as required
The following will outline the steps to be taken if a Head Coach indicates an athletics grant received during current academic year is being non-renewed/cancelled for upcoming year:
- The compliance officer prepares a blank athletics grant spreadsheet for the upcoming academic year.
- The Head Coach is given the blank athletics grant spreadsheet and instructed to prepare athletic grant allocation for all continuing student athletes.
- The Head Coach emails the spreadsheet to compliance officer and schedules meeting to discuss proposed allocation for upcoming year.
- The compliance officer evaluates the spreadsheet to ensure all student-athletes that received athletics grants in current academic year, or part thereof, are reflected on spreadsheet for upcoming academic year and proposed allocations of athletic grants are pursuant to all NCAA regulations regarding awarding athletics grants.
- If a student-athlete that received athletics grants in current academic year, or part thereof, is not reflected on spreadsheet submitted by Head Coach for upcoming academic year, the compliance officer confirms with Head Coach that this is an indication that athletics grant will not be renewed/cancelled.
- If a non-renewal/cancellation is confirmed by Head Coach, the compliance officer discusses non-renewal/cancellation with Head Coach and justification for non-renewal/cancellation, ensuring permissible per NCAA regulations regarding permissible non-renewal/cancellation of athletics grant.
- The compliance officer emails Director of Financial Assistance, Head Coach and Athletics Director (or his/her designee) with student-athlete name, applicable sport, decision to non-renew/cancel athletics grant upcoming academic year, or part thereof, and justification.
- Director of Financial Assistance notifies the student-athlete of non-renewal/cancellation and outlines appeal process concerning non-renewal/cancellation of athletics grants.