- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., St. Mary’s University
- B.A., St. Meinrad College
- Theological Foundations
- Christian Marriage and Family
- The Catholic Experience in the U.S.
- Understanding Faith Formation
- Theology of Religious Education
O’Connor is deeply interested in how people appropriate their faith and move from initial commitment to a religious stance towards either a deeper or more distant position. He studies the “lessons” that can be learned from similar experiences in previous circumstances. He regularly teaches adult bible studies for local parishes, as well as does marriage preparation for couples. Interested in instructional technology, Dr. O’Connor has served on numerous university committees and initiatives related to it. He has consulted church organizations, parishes, and schools to improve their structures and functions. He was also a founder of Communities in Schools, San Antonio, a dropout prevention program.