- Ph.D., University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1998
- M.S., Kharkov State University (Ukraine), 1994
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics with StatCrunch
- Finite Mathematics with Microsoft Excel
- Linear Algebra with Scilab
- Probability and Statistics for science majors with Minitab
Anna Lurie, Ph.D., is very passionate about making mathematics and statistics less intimidating and more enjoyable for her students. Lurie’s current research interest is statistics for education, but she is particularly interested in improving student assessment and retention.
She brings her industry experience to the classroom, as well. Prior to starting her career in academics, she worked as a quantitative analyst for T. Rowe Price Associates Inc. and as a statistical consultant for the Psychological Corporation.
Lurie completed her studies first in the Ukraine, where she focused on mathematical physics, and then in Maryland where she concentrated on time series. Her dissertation covered change-point problems in auto-correlated data.
Lurie, A., Wagner-Krankel, M. Grade Inflation in a Mathematics Classroom: An Investigation. Accepted for publication in Southwest Teaching and Learning Journal, 2013.
Lurie, A., Wagner-Krankel, M. Placing students in a math course: what works best. Accepted for publication to proceedings of Research Council on Mathematics Learning Conference, 2014.