- Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- Reading: Skills Development for Interdisciplinary ELA & Reading Majors
- Reading: Skills Development for Secondary English Majors
- Special Topics in Education
- Teaching Internship I
- Teaching Internship II
- Foundations of Educational Practice
- Directed Studies in Education
Higgins earned his Ph.D. at Texas A&M University. In addition to working extensively with student teachers, he teaches in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. Holding teaching, principal and superintendent certifications, Higgins has 23 years of experience as a secondary teacher and principal.
At the university level, Dr. Higgins has been awarded the St. Mary’s University Alumni Association’s Distinguished Faculty Award for excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.