Welcome Corporate, Nonprofit and Governmental Partners!
The Civic Engagement and Career Development Centers invite you to actively partner with our Centers staff members in your search for strong candidates to fill full-time, part-time, internship and service positions within our organization. Our Centers staff members will connect you with diverse talent pool of current students, recent graduates, and alumni who are actively seeking opportunities to engage their community through service opportunities and those that are ready to serve within internship and employment opportunities. In addition, we offer numerous programs and opportunities that will allow both established and new organizations to build name recognition among our college students, graduates and faculty for future recruitment needs.
Rattler Talent Recruitment
The St. Mary’s University Career Development Center is ready to introduce you to our Rattler Talent. In advance of meeting the candidates, you may want to learn more about the academic programs that likely best fit the skills and experience needed for your position openings. St. Mary’s University offers a full range of educational programs with a rigorous academic foundation, a focus on the common good, and a commitment to ethical leadership. You can learn more here: https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/majors/#.
- Career Development Workshops – co-sponsor and present workshops to St. Mary’s students on topics such as resume writing, interview skills, and mentoring. Our office is happy to assist with presentation materials and will coordinate event logistics.
- Career Fairs – we host industry-specific fairs as well as general fairs. Students and alumni attend these events in order to connect with organizations and learn about upcoming opportunities.
- Information Sessions – share details about your mission, culture, and hiring process prior to on-campus career fairs.
- Information Tables – reach students in a casual atmosphere, as they are walking to class, lunch, or between meetings. We can help you determine the best campus location and time of year for your table event.
- On-Campus Interviews – Career Advisors assist applicants by conducting interview preparation and a practice interview in advance of your scheduled on-campus interview.
- Rattler Connect – our central resource for employment opportunities. Post job opportunities and create a profile for your organization so that students can find you.
- Presentations – employers may coordinate presentations to classes or registered student organizations.
- Resume Referrals – we can help you find potential candidates within a quick turnaround time.
- Resume Collections – once you post an open position, we will email qualified students (and alumni, if applicable) to share information about the position and the due date for resume collection. Once resumes are received and reviewed, we will send a packet of resumes to the hiring manager for review.
- Service-learning – Our campus focuses on experiential learning that allows students to apply theories taught within the classroom to a real-world setting. We partner with service-learning agencies and organizations who provide students with direct interaction with the population served.
- Student Site Visits – we will partner with you to plan a visit. Staff from the Career Development Center will accompany a group of students to your location for a tour and informational session. Organizations who host site visits often see an increase in applicants when internship, job, or service opportunities become available.
Want to know more? How you connect with our Rattler Talent is up to you. Let the Career Development Center team members help you connect with our talented pool of servant leaders.
Employer and Agency Partners can register, create, and manage employment, internship, and volunteer opportunity listings in the online career, internship, and volunteer database, Rattler Connect.
To list available positions, please visit https://www.myinterfase.com/stmary/employer/
School/Major Specific Programming
The Career Development Center offers programming tailored to the needs of students and alumni within specific schools and/or majors such as niche career area panels and job fairs. Contact Career Development Center staff members to learn more about getting involved.
Career Development Workshops
Co-sponsor and present career development workshops to St. Mary’s University students on topics such as, resume writing, interviewing skills, dress for success, mentoring, getting involved and mock interviews. The Career Development Center is happy to assist with presentation materials and will coordinate all event logistics for the Career Development Workshops.
Service and Civic Engagement Opportunities
The Civic Engagement Center values the partnerships and relationships with our community partners. In order for our students to enhance their collegiate experience, they are encouraged to go beyond the gates of St. Mary’s University, get into the community, and give back. Community Partners provide such experiences in ways that a classroom cannot.
Community partners can are welcomed to get involved in various ways:
- Be a Community-based Work Study Program Partner
- Be a host site for Continuing the Heritage Day of Service Events
- Be a host site for Resident Hall or Student Organization Volunteer projects
- Participate in Volunteer Fair and Post-Graduate Service Career Expos
- Be a recipient organization in the Miracle on 36th Street Toy and Donation Drive
- Host information tables in the University Atrium
- Host information sessions for interested students, classes, or registered student organizations
Share your Organization Information through the Campus Newspaper
Advertise in The Rattler the campus newspaper. For more information, call 210-436-3401.
Ready to become an Employer or Agency Partner? Want to know more ways to partner?
Contact Lauren McLeaird, Assistant Director for Employer and Agency Relations, by calling (210) 436-3102 or emailing the Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.