|Midyear Zaragoza||Jan. 8, 2019||Jan. 7, 2019|
|Zaragoza I||June 10 and 11, 2019||June 8, 2019|
|Zaragoza II||June 13 and 14, 2019||June 11, 2019|
|Zaragoza III||Aug. 15 and 16, 2019||Aug. 14, 2019|
|Zaragoza Days (freshmen only)||Aug. 15 and 16, 2019||—|
How to Register for Zaragoza
Once you have been officially accepted to St. Mary’s University and have paid your enrollment deposit in Gateway, you will receive a notification to your St. Mary’s University email account when you are able to register for Zaragoza. This will typically occur within 48 hours of submitting your deposit payment.
Orientation Registration Fee
There is a one-time Zaragoza student registration fee that will be billed to the student’s account along with tuition charges. The fee is not paid at Zaragoza. The registration fee is $200.
The math placement test is required for the following students entering St. Mary’s University:
- Transfer Students without transferable college-level math credits.
- Students who have not taken the SAT or ACT exam (this includes most international students).
- Students who received an SAT Math score of 550 or better (520 or better if taken prior to fall 2016), or 22 or better ACT Math score, and plan to pursue a degree within the School of Science, Engineering and Technology.*
*School of Science, Engineering and Technology majors include Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Science/Application Systems, Computer Information Systems, Environmental Science, Forensic Science-Biology, Forensic Science-Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and all Engineering majors.
Getting Ready for the NextGeneration Accuplacer Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF) Placement Test
Students who need to complete a math placement exam will sit for the NextGeneration Accuplacer Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF) Placement Test during their designated orientation session.
Students interested in reviewing sample questions in advance of the placement test may consult the following resources:
- College Board provides sample questions and solutions for NextGeneration Accuplacer AAF at https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/sites/default/files/next-generation-sample-questions-advanced-alegbra-and-functions.pdf.
- NextGeneration Accuplacer has a free practice app at https://accuplacerpractice.collegeboard.org/. The app provides practice tests and “learn as you go” practice features. The student must choose Next-Generation Accuplacer, Advanced Algebra and Functions (AAF).
For more information or questions about the math test, please contact Graciela Lopez-Fuentes, Director of Academic Advising, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-436-3736.
What to Bring
Students should bring a photo ID, any transcripts, CLEP exam scores, AP exam scores, health records, etc., that have not already been submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admission or the Student Health Center. You can turn in your important documents during the program.