Our Career Services staff members will connect you with a diverse talent pool of current students, recent graduates and alumni who are actively seeking opportunities to engage their community through service opportunities and those that are ready to serve within internship and employment opportunities. In addition, we offer numerous programs and opportunities that will allow both established and new organizations to build name recognition among our college students, graduates and faculty for future recruitment needs.
Learn more about the St. Mary’s University Rattlers
In advance of meeting the candidates, you may want to learn more about the academic programs that likely best fit the skills and experience needed for your position openings. St. Mary’s University offers a full range of educational programs with a rigorous academic foundation, a focus on the common good and a commitment to ethical leadership.
Recruit Employees and Interns through…
- Career Development Workshops — Co-sponsor and present workshops to St. Mary’s students on topics such as resume writing, interview skills, and mentoring. Our office is happy to assist with presentation materials and will coordinate event logistics.
- Career Fairs— We host industry-specific fairs as well as general fairs. Students and alumni attend these events in order to connect with organizations and learn about upcoming opportunities.
- Information Sessions — Share details about your mission, culture, and hiring process prior to on-campus career fairs.
- Information Tables — Reach students in a casual atmosphere, as they are walking to class, lunch, or between meetings. We can help you determine the best campus location and time of year for your table event.
- On-campus Interviews — Career advisers assist applicants by conducting interview preparation and a practice interview in advance of your scheduled on-campus interview.
- Rattler Connect — Our central resource for employment opportunities. Post job opportunities and create a profile for your organization so that students can find you.
- Presentations — Employers may coordinate presentations to classes or registered student organizations.
- Résumé Referrals — We can help you find potential candidates within a quick turnaround time.
- Résumé Collections — once you post an open position, we will email qualified students (and alumni, if applicable) to share information about the position and the due date for resume collection. Once resumes are received and reviewed, we will send a packet of resumes to the hiring manager for review.
- Service Learning — Our campus focuses on experiential learning that allows students to apply theories taught within the classroom to a real-world setting. We partner with service-learning agencies and organizations who provide students with direct interaction with the population served.
- Student Site Visits — We will partner with you to plan a visit. Staff from Career Services will accompany a group of students to your location for a tour and informational session. Organizations who host site visits often see an increase in applicants when internship, job, or service opportunities become available.
The Civic Engagement Center values the partnerships and relationships with our community partners. In order for our students to enhance their collegiate experience, they are encouraged to go beyond the gates of St. Mary’s University, get into the community, and give back. Community Partners provide such experiences in ways that a classroom cannot.
Community partners can are welcomed to get involved in various ways:
- Be a Community-Based Work-Study Program Community Partner
- Be a host site for Continuing the Heritage Service Days
- Participate in Volunteer fairs and Post-Graduate Service fairs
- Be a recipient organization in the Miracle on 36th Street Toy and Donation Drive
- Host information tables in the University Atrium
- Host information sessions for interested students, classes, or registered student organizations
Recruit Employees and Interns
Sign up on Rattler Connect or contact Lauren McLeaird, Assistant Director for Employer and Agency Relations, by calling (210) 436-3102 or emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Share your organization information through the campus newspaper
Post job openings or advertise in The Rattler the campus newspaper. For more information, call 210-436-3401.