- Master of Science https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/master-engineering-systems-management/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/engineering-systems-management-masters.jpg
- On Campus
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the GRE/GMAT/MAT test is optional for prospective students applying to this program for the Spring 2021 semester.
Students may complete either a master’s project or a thesis. The program is designed to provide today’s professional with a rigorous intellectual experience that is committed to leadership and academic excellence.
St. Mary’s also offers a combined bachelor’s and master’s degree that can be completed in just five years. Following an intensive course of study, undergraduate students begin graduate course work during their senior years and pursue a master’s degree in one year.
Students acquire engineering knowledge and leadership skills to effectively manage resources, technology and personnel.
- Lean Production
- Total Quality Systems
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
See the catalog for full details:
Graduates are well-prepared to pursue a variety of fields, with a degree that offers an effective blend of engineering, management and systems thinking.
Private and public sector career options include:
- System analyst
- Manufacturing, production and industrial engineer
- Project or facility manager
- Systems administrator
- Ergonomics/human factors specialist
- Research and development specialist
- Systems engineer
Our graduates are employed by a variety of companies, including the following: Boeing, Koch, USAA, Southwest Research Institute, Valero, Zachry, UPS and Labatt Food.
Applicants must have a bachelor of science degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering or a closely related discipline.
Applicants who earned a bachelor’s degree in a closely related discipline, such as physics or mathematics, may be admitted with the provision that they take prerequisite courses. The graduate program director will evaluate applicants from other disciplines on an individual basis.
Applicants must also have a:
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (A = 4.00) for their bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum GRE quantitative score of 148.
For full requirements, see the catalog.