- Graduate Certificate https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/dual-credit-us-history/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/aerial-tower-view.jpg
The certificate includes 18 credit hours of graduate-level courses in U.S. History and can be completed within one calendar year (fall, summer and spring semesters). Students may enroll during any semester.
Students will complete 6 credit hours in spring, 6 credit hours in summer and 6 credit hours in fall.
All courses will be offered in an online format. Both fall and spring courses will include scheduled online class meetings in the evenings, and summer courses may include scheduled online meetings.
All courses are offered online. The required Graduate Certificate in Dual Credit Teaching in U.S. History courses are:
- HS 7350 Topics in U.S. History: Gender (Summer 2020)
- HS 7353 Topics in U.S. History: Social and Economic History (Summer 2020)
- HS 7352 Topics in U.S. History: Political and Military History (Summer 2020)
- HS 7351 Topics in U.S. History: Race and Ethnicity (Summer 2020)
- HS 7343 United States in World History (Fall 2020)
- HS 7345 History of the American West and Borderlands (Fall 2020)
Lindsey Passenger Wieck, Ph.D. Public History Graduate Program Director
Aaron Moreno, Ph.D. Chair of the Department of International Studies and Global Affairs
Teresa Van Hoy, Ph.D. Professor of History
Gerald E. Poyo, Ph.D. O’Connor Chair for the History of Hispanic Texas and the Southwest
Bradley W. Root, Ph.D. Chair of the Department of History