To complete your Study Abroad Application you must complete and submit the following:
- Complete the online application under the “Apply Now” tab
- Submit a copy of most recent unofficial transcript
- Personal Goals and Objectives Essay (not exceeding two typewritten pages, double-spaced with 12-point font and normal margins). Address the following points in your essay:
- Specific goals regarding:
- Foreign travel/living/study you have done
- Any previous experience(s) living away from home OR with a family other than your own OR in close quarters with others
- Experience with managing a budget and personal finances
- Copy of submitted Passport Application (if you do not already have a passport)
- Two recommendations from faculty (not an ND instructor or staff member) using the Faculty Recommendation Form. Faculty may send the form directly to the IEP Office.
If your application is approved, you must submit the following by the deadline given by your program director or four weeks prior to the end of the semester before you go abroad:
- Academic Advisor/Registrar Approval
- Copy of Financial Aid Award
- Signed Release and Indemnification Agreement
- Medical Assessment Clearance (contact the Health Center)
- Scanned copy of first page of Passport (and US visa if you are an international student)
- Copy of International Student ID Card ( purchase through Student Life Office)
- One Passport-size photo (St. Mary’s semester programs must submit additional photos)
- Copy of Visa to host country (if required by host government)
Additional Documentation for St. Mary’s Programs
Additional Documentation for Non-St. Mary’s Programs
- Application to host program
- Letter of acceptance to program
- Proof of health insurance (can purchase through IEP Office)
- Course registration verification with course descriptions
- Housing/Dormitory application
- Address abroad
- Copy of flight itinerary
- Non-STt. Mary’s program participants must also meet with the Director of IEP upon return and submit a Program Evaluation Form.
Please be advised that you are required to have a physical examination for medical clearance. This should be completed at least 6 to 8 weeks prior to departure date. Contact the Student Health Center well in advance to schedule an appointment.
If you have questions about this application or need to make an appointment to discuss program options and procedures, contact the IEP Office at 210-431-8067.
Please fill out all form fields and click on the Submit button to submit your application.