- Graduate Certificate https://www.stmarytx.edu/academics/programs/certificate-business-intelligence/ https://www.stmarytx.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/certificate-business-intelligence.jpg
- A decision-maker who uses data to aid in the decision-making process
- A manager involved in producing reports and analyzing multiple data points to assess their relevance in business decision-making
- A critical thinker who “connects the dots” to make better business decisions
- An “outside the box” thinker who asks “what if?” questions using data
- A proactive thinker who asks, “what else can we do with this data?”
- An analyst who wants to use data to ask deeper questions about the “why” not just the “how”
Students receive academic credit for the courses and will be able to transfer them toward an MBA from the Greehey School of Business provided they complete the certificate successfully with a satisfactory grade.
Students receive academic credit for the courses and will be able to transfer them toward an MBA from the Greehey School of Business provided they complete the certificate successfully with a satisfactory grade. The academic credit is valid for up to five years from the date of enrollment.
An introduction to programming and analytics skills necessary to find analytics solutions to business-related problems and opportunities. The course introduces the open source programming language R.
Introduction to Business Analytics
Students are introduced to the development and interpretation of statistical models as they are used for predictive analytics, with an emphasis on a best-practice approach to statistical model specification.
Students use Tableau and R to present the results of data analytics processes in powerful and convincing charts and infographics to understand the “how” and “why” behind vast quantities of data.
Visual Analytics and Decision-Making
Students learn to apply business intelligence principles and techniques to a comprehensive understanding of business through a theoretical and practical understanding of core data mining concepts and techniques. Students will use the powerful SAS Enterprise Miner to solve real-world problems.
Using Data for Developing Business Intelligence