Larry Hufford, Ph.D.Chair of the Department of International Relations | Graduate Program Director, International Relations | Professor of Political Science
- Ph.D., London School of Economics and Political Science
- M.S.W., Our Lady of the Lake University
- M.A., University of Miami (Ohio)
- B.A., Ohio State University
- Causes of War and Sustainable Human Development
- Ethical Issues in International Relations
- International Conflict Resolution
- International Relations Theory
Hufford joined St. Mary’s in 1993 and is a professor of Political Science and International Relations. Before St. Mary’s, Hufford taught Political Science and Peace and Justice Studies at Incarnate Word College for a little over twenty years.
When he is not in the classroom, he is found creating networking opportunities for students and delivering lectures around the world. In past years, Hufford has been invited to lecture at universities in Australia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Bangladesh, Mexico, England, Spain, Taiwan and Sweden.
He is the past president of the International World Council for Curriculum and Instruction, a Peace Education NGO with B Status in UNESCO and past president of the Economic and Business Historical Society. In addition to his presidencies, he has held leadership positions in a variety of organizations such as the Washington, D.C. based center for Social and Economic Justice, the San Antonio Chapter of the ACLU and the Society of Mary fo rSocial Justice and Global Awareness.
Hufford is the recipient of the St. Mary’s University 2015 Distinguished Faculty Award.