Applied Leadership and Management
Sgt. First Class Brandon A. Brungardt enlisted in the Army in 2007 and attended One Station Unit Training as an 11B (Infantryman) at Fort Benning, Georgia. His initial assignment was to the 1st Battalion, 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, where he served as a squad automatic rifleman.
In 2008, Brungardt was deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Upon redeployment, he was promoted to the rank of sergeant and served as a team leader and later as a squad leader.
In 2011, he was deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Upon redeployment he was promoted to the rank of staff sergeant and selected to serve as a drill sergeant at Fort Benning, Georgia with the 1st Battalion, 46th Infantry Regiment from 2012 to 2015.
Brungardt was then reassigned to the 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment in 2015 where he served as a weapons squad leader and later as a platoon sergeant.
He was promoted to the rank of sergeant first class in 2018. Upon completion of his platoon sergeant duties he was assigned as a Military Science Instructor at St. Mary’s University.
Brungardt’s military and civilian education includes:
- Airborne School
- Air Assault School
- Squad Designated Marksmanship Course
- Combative level 1
- Combative level 2
- Master Fitness Trainer
- Unit Movement Officer Course
- Basic Leaders Course
- Advanced Leaders Course
- Senior Leaders Course
- Drill Sergeant Course
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal (4th award)
- Army Achievement Medal (7th award)
- Good Conduct Medal (4th award) National Defense Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal (two bronze service stars)
- Iraqi Campaign Medal (two bronze service stars)
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- NCO Professional Development Ribbon (3rd award)
- Army Service Ribbon
- Overseas Service Ribbon (2nd award)
- NATO Medal
- Expert Infantryman’s Badge
- Parachutist Badge
- Air Assault Badge