Degree: B.S. in Mathematics
Hometown: Nacogdoches, Texas
Activities and Organizations:
- Marianist Leadership Program
- TRiO Student Support Services
- St. Mary’s University Society of Mathematicians
- St. Mary’s University Campus Liturgy
- St. Mary’s University chapter of the National Society for Leadership and Success (NSLS)
- Society for Advancing Chicanos and Native Americans in the Sciences (SACNAS)
Post-Grad Plans: VIDES+USA missioner in Tampa, Florida with the Salesian Sisters, then graduate studies at Texas Christian University
Recommended by: Marcy LaBossiere and Kathe Lehman-Meyer
My experience at St. Mary’s University changed my perspective on the world around me. I learned about resilience, mentoring, inclusivity, faith in action, willingness to help and Catholic Social Teaching; all through the loving care that I received from the wonderful faculty, staff and my fellow students.
Learning from example, I began to strive toward servant leadership. I became involved in a variety of student organizations that helped me meet people who would become mentors. I pondered their counsel through prayer and put their advice into action. The biggest lesson I learned is that life is meant to be lived in community. The people I met and the friends that I made at St. Mary’s inspired me to grow closer to Christ and invited me to strive for holiness.