How much does it cost to attend St. Mary’s University?

Tuition and Fees at St. Mary’s are priced below the national average for a private, regional university.

Undergraduate Cost of Attendance

For more information on the university charges, visit the Business Office website.

Will I receive more financial aid if I live off-campus?

No. If you decide to live off campus, you will not receive any additional assistance.

Why does my friend have more financial aid than I do?

In awarding financial aid, we consider several factors:

  • When was your financial aid file completed?
  • How much financial need do you have?
  • How much does your family make and what is the size of your family?
  • What is your cumulative grade point average? If all things were equal, awards would be similar. Typically is not the case; therefore, awards vary for each student.

Are my financial aid records confidential?

Absolutely! Information provided to the Office of Financial Assistance remains confidential.

How do I receive a Work-Study assignment?

Work-Study is awarded as part of the financial aid award; however, it is not automatically assigned.

What happens if I drop below full-time status?

It depends on when you make the change. We award undergraduate financial aid on the basis of full-time enrollment (and full-time charges). If you drop during the tuition credit period, you will no longer be charged full-time tuition, which is what your aid is designed to cover. In this situation your aid will be reduced.

If you drop after the tuition credit period, your aid will not be changed. However, to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, students must complete 67% of the hours attempted. Please review the information under the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) section of our web page.