St. Mary’s University, as a Catholic Marianist University, fosters the formation of people in faith and educates leaders for the common good through community, integrated liberal arts and professional education, and academic excellence.
Our mission statement is a reflection of the Characteristics of Marianist Universities. There are five elements that characterize the Marianist approach to education:
- Educate for formation in faith
- Provide an integral quality education
- Educate in the family spirit
- Educate for service, justice and peace
- Educate for adaptation and change
The three Marianist universities have published a book, Characteristics of Marianist Universities, to better describe the Marianist approach to education at the university level.